Trg hodočasnika 2, Pazin
+385 (0)52 621 536
The monastery and the church of the Visitation of the Holy Virgin originate from the middle of the 15th century. The Church is adorned with a late gothic presbytery on the model of St. Nicholas’ Church. During the past centuries, the Franciscans held the pharmacy and the hospital in the monastery.
A public school was there from 1781 to 1834, and a grammar school with classes in German from 1836 to 1873. Rim is the greatest holiday celebrated by the Pazin Franciscans. The Church has given a privilege to Franciscan order - everyone who visits the church of the Virgin of Angels in Assisi on August 2 gets an absolution of sins. That custom spread to many Franciscan churches including the one in Pazin.